Our company Versele-Laga NV is a public limited company established under Belgian law, with registered office in Belgium, 9800 Deinze, Kapellestraat 70 and with company number BE 0424.901.669.
Through this policy, we inform you that we do everything we can to protect your privacy and your personal data.
During your contacts with us, certain data about you are collected, processed and possibly shared. Since you can be identified as a person on the basis of these data, they classify as ‘personal data’. We will therefore do everything in our power to protect your personal data in accordance with the applicable EU legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. Personal dataThe data can be collected and processed by us in various ways. These data include:
Data that you provide directly to us
- Identification and contact information, including name, first name, address, email address, telephone and mobile number, date of birth, age, etc.;
- Financial information such as bank account number, BIC code, name of the account holder, etc.;
- Information about which products and/or services that you wish to order, favourite products and/ or services, interests, preferences that you indicate through our website, etc.;
- Complaints or feedback via our support channels regarding our products and/or services, remarks, suggestions, testimonials, etc.;
- Other data and content that you yourself exchange, communicate and share with us.
You are not obliged to provide your data to us or to agree with us processing them. Nevertheless, in certain cases, we really need your personal data to allow for a correct purchase of our products and/or services and/or fulfilment of other contractual obligations and compliance with the applicable legislation.
Data that you provide by using the websiteWhen you use our website, the following information can be processed and/or stored: visited pages, websites, IP address, browser type, surfing behaviour, language, device, surfing duration, time of surfing and other searches by means of cookies, data you enter yourself on the websites.
Data from other sourcesOur website may contain links to other websites. These websites are probably not managed by us and may have their own privacy statement or policy. We strongly recommend that you read it. We cannot take responsibility for the websites of third parties.
3. Processing of personal data by usPersonal data are processed by us for purposes such as:
entering into and executing an agreement with you (such as the purchase of products, services, creating a user account, etc.), as well as invoicing, tracking and collecting invoices, whether or not through third parties;
Continually improving, maintaining and optimizing our products, services, websites, and their security, as well as our overall, commercial and marketing strategies;
Customizing products that are delivered to you and the associated support services, user information, service messages or other related (electronic or non-electronic) messages;
Sending advertisements, newsletters and information that is targeted and optimally tailored to you. To this end we can bundle your preferences and interests in a profile.
Requesting your individual consent for other specific purposes.
The legal basis for processing your personal data is therefore (i) your explicit consent, (ii) the necessity to enter into and/or execute an agreement in which you are a party, (iii) the necessity to meet a legal obligation imposed on us or (iv) the necessity to represent legitimate interests for us or a third party unless the interests or fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms of children younger than 16 years weigh more heavily.
4. Sharing of personal data by usWe may share personal data with partners, suppliers or other appointees when the processing by those third parties is necessary for the creation, the execution, the use, the collection, the access to or the processing of products, services, websites, etc. Those processors of your personal data must also restrict the use and processing of your personal data and guarantee sufficient protection of your personal data in the context of the applicable laws that govern the protection of personal data.
Finally, we may share your personal data if we are legally obliged to do so, in the context of legal proceedings, as well as in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
5. Your rightsYou always have the right to view and correct the personal data that we process about you.
You also have the right to delete your personal data, to restrict the processing of your personal data and to transfer your personal data, insofar as the applicable regulations provide for this.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to certain processing activities at any time and to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons. You also have the right to oppose the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, the transfer of your personal data to third parties (when such transfer is not necessary for our services) and the creation of your profile.
To do so, you can contact us by sending a written request to Versele-Laga, Belgium, 9800 Deinze, Kapellestraat 70, attn. "Departement Gegevensbescherming/ Data Protection department", with attached a copy of your identity card (front and back).
We will then give you an answer on the matter in accordance with the applicable legislation.
However, we would like to inform you that we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee or even refuse the request if your request is excessive or unfounded, for example because you submit an unreasonable number of requests.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority for Personal Data. The way this should be done can be found on the website of this authority.
6. Our security policy
Security of the dataIn order to protect your personal data in the best possible way, we take all reasonable measures and apply best practices to prevent loss, misuse, disclosure, unauthorized access or modification of your personal data. Both at the technical and organizational level, the necessary measures are taken to provide a sufficient level of security.
Storage of dataWe will retain your data for at least as long as necessary for the processing thereof, taking into account the contractual and legal rights and/or obligations we have in relation to these data and our mission to correctly answer your requests, to improve the quality of the products and services and to fulfil our own legal obligations.
7. Children under 16 years oldWe commit ourselves to never knowingly collect or process personal data of minors without the consent of a parent or guardian, which must be given to use our products, services, websites, etc. and to exercise the rights with regard to the data of the minor afterwards.
If personal data of minors happen to have been processed in good faith and we are informed of this, we will delete these data from our files as soon as possible.